Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Utterly Off Topic Wednesday - AlphaInventions

About a week ago I came across a very interesting blog traffic generator called AlphaInventions. The brainchild of Cheru Jackson, it enables you to scroll through blogs that have been recently updated, and perhaps leave a comment while the blogger is still online. Cheru's stated purpose was to promote interactivity between the bloggers and the readers.

My first thought was that it was like an auto-surf program, and so it is. But it is also more than that. Not only has the traffic on my blog increased, the quality of the hits has increased as well.

These are not just hits, but actual new readers and subscribers.

I have used other blog traffic generator sites with mixed results. Oh, I got hits, but not readers. They were only surfing for traffic so their site would get traffic. I'm sure there is some of that going on here as well, but there is also a lot of thoughtful commenting and digging back into older posts and new subscribers. Just in the last two days I have had ten new subscribers.

So, I don't know exactly how it works, but it's a hit as far as I am concerned. Thanks, Cheru!

No comments:

Post a Comment