- Help clear, maintain and renovate trails in a 1200 acre county park - used by hikers, equestrians and bicyclers
- Volunteers needed to work with Master Gardeners and people with disabilities to maintain gardens. Willingness to get dirty and have fun.
- Work with staff from Great Swamp Outdoor Education Center or Pyramid Mountain on programs and events, leading hikes or operating the visitors centers.
- Volunteers will be trained on how to assist marine mammals that have become beached. Individuals will learn basic skills to assist the staff of the Marine Mammal Stranding Center.
- We are desperately seeking foster homes for Beagles coming into our rescue program.
- Help the environment in your community. Typical tasks include: sprucing up flower and shrub beds, clearing fence lines, painting benches and litter cans, removing non-native weeds.
- Help the environment by documenting and removing debris from the shores of your favorite ocean, river, estuary, sound, lake, pond, or stream.
The website below has a variety of different choices of things to do with the unique hook of three time frames: how to make a difference in 15 minutes, a couple of hours, or on a volunteer vacation. Obviously, a lot of these would not qualify as community service, but you can use these ideas to brainstorm your own family project.